Merstham Cricket Rules for Cricket under Covid-19 Guidelines
The following rules are for all players/visitors attending Merstham Cricket Club - please help us ensure a safe environment for all by reading and following the rules below:
- All players must have completed registration and complete a self-assessment for Covid before playing.
- All Government guidelines must be followed.
- Social distancing must be obeyed at all times
- The Bar will not open during play, and can only be operated by a single allocated bar person. Any change to this allocated bar person must be recorded in the bar log book, and accompanied by a thorough cleaning of the bar area.
- Card payments only (match fees and bar payments). If playing away bank transfer will be fine, name and team as reference when making payment.
- If the weather forecast is bad all games/practise should be cancelled in advance
- No Spikes in Clubhouse
- Only 1 person in each toilet area
- Teas will not be provided so you will need to bring own and please take rubbish away with you.
- No changing/shower facilities will be available
- Match day Home Captains: After each game toilets and handles need to be disinfected with wipes or spray.
- Covid Risk Assessment is on the MCC website to follow
- If you or any of your family have any symptoms, you should not play/train.
- Please follow the one-way system when in club and around patio area.
- All visitors must sign in, or opposition must supply us with signed and completed team sheet confirming all players are self-assessed.
- A designated area will be marked off.
- Social distancing must be obeyed
- A pack of wipes will be available to clean the screen and pen after each use.
- All ECB guidelines must be followed for games - please see accompanying poster.
- ECB guidelines for umpires will be at club and on website.
- No changing/shower facilities will be available - players should arrive ready to play and should not change outdoors
The club's risk assessment can be found here.
Please also note the route map around the Quality Street clubhouse.